In October 2016, the Sugar Grove Church of the Brethren in Blough, PA closed it's doors. However, they wanted their ministry to continue through Camp so they donated their church building to Camp Harmony and the funds to take care of it for at least 5 years. As of this time, Camp Harmony is open to the Lord's work and welcomes any positive suggestions for use of the building. It is available for rent. It is located a short 10 minute drive from our main Camp property.
In 1890 the Quemahoning (Maple Spring) congregation built a meetinghouse in Blough on land donated by Jacob B. Blough. It was known as the Sugar Grove house, but was frequently called the Blough house. Members in the area met there until 1911, when the house was closed because of emigration. Around 1913, a union Sunday school was organized in the meetinghouse and in 1925 the Shade Creek congregation took over responsibility. The Sunday school was continued and regular preaching services started. The Sugar Grove building was deeded to the Shade Creek congregation in 1950. The Sugar Grove congregation was first listed as a separate organization in the 1960 Church of the Brethren Yearbook with Boyd N. Lehman as pastor.